Welcome to the Sierra Pelona Rock Club website…
The Sierra Pelona Rock Club was formed in 1958, for the enjoyment of rockhounds in our area. The objectives of the Club are: to sponsor activities and promote interest and education in mineralogy, lapidary, geology, paleontology, and related subjects.
The Sierra Pelona Rock Club is non-profit, non-sectarian, non-partisan, and non-political. No commercial enterprises or political candidates are endorsed by the Club. The name of the club and the name of officers are not used in connection with, or to promote any commercial, partisan, sectarian, or political interests. The Sierra Pelona Rock Club is very active; we feature the following:
- Monthly meetings that are interesting and educational. Guests are always welcome
- Displays of minerals, rocks, and lapidary
- Interesting, educational, and fun field trips
- Our very own travertine onyx claim—one of the best in the USA, plus our new Trona Onyx claim
- How-to help from expert members
- Quarterly workshops where members can access our clubs lapidary equipment
- A program where members may borrow some of the clubs lapidary equipment
- A great social atmosphere for families, members, and guests
- We are Kid Safe.
WE DO NOT TRASH THE LANDSCAPE. IF WE PACK IT IN, WE PACK IT OUT.
COME AND MEET US * * * * * We have General Meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, except for June, July, August & December